Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tradition

Getting ready for a wedding reception has been something that has terrified me since I first had a daughter! My talents seem to fall more in other areas than entertaining, cooking and decorating. Yesterday I began making the traditional cream cheese mints for the reception. Being raised on a mint farm, we had handmade mints at my wedding reception and the receptions of many of my siblings. I have happy memories of sitting around the table and making these candies together. There is something so grounding about adding a little actual Marshall Farms mint oil to my daughter's mints. When she popped in yesterday in the middle of my mint making, it made my day as she explained to her husband that this is something she had to have in her wedding reception. Traditions really help! Luckily, he liked them too. I feel just a little more relaxed about next week.

3 comments:

Erika Amonett said...

Beautiful, Steph! What a sweet memory you are creating.

Nicole Jackson said...

They look yummy! Great job!

Unknown said...

I'll have to talk to my mom to see if she knows about this Marshall tradition. Oh & be prepared to hand me the recipe when I come up this weekend lol I def can't wait to try em!