Monday, March 2, 2009

A Slip of the Tongue

So we were having a family home evening on appropriate launguage and avoiding profanity. As I began to tell the story of a farmer who had recently cracked his ribs and still held his tongue in great pain, I accidentally pronounced the "ck" as "pp". My point was somehow lost. Everyone laughed until tears streamed down their faces. It took more than five minutes to settle down enough to continue with the lesson. The moral of this story, speak slowly and deliberately when you want to teach proper use of language in your home.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

This is hilarious!

Allison said...

I have another moral of the story... let yourself occassionally screw up words so your family can laugh so hard they cry and always have wonderful memories of FHE. I love it. It crapped me up!

jrushing said...

Too funny!

cjdustin said...

So funny! Unfortunately in our house, that word is said way to much by me!

Jim Marshall said...

Maybe this is why they say, "words mean something."