Last fall I signed my kids up for the Oregon Ballet's Outreach program. During the year they do three programs specifically for children to get a taste of ballet. We get to watch half an hour of their morning dance class/warm-up, they teach the children about the ballet, and then we watch a portion of the ballet for an hour, all for only $2/person! In October, we saw one act of Swan Lake. Yesterday we saw Lambarena. It was INCREDIBLE! It was inspired by Albert Schweitzer and his classical piano concerts in the hospital in West Africa. This ballet combines the West African jungle themes with Bach and is absolutely breathtaking! Even Jack loved it and he is not a ballet kind of guy. I want the CD. I could have watched it all day - the grace of ballet combined with the freedom of movement of the African dance! What will I do when I no longer have kids to take me to these awesome things?
Friday, February 27, 2009
A day at the Ballet
Posted by Tess at 6:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment