Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 28 - Benjamin Franklin

It's official. Today I am old. I ordered my very first pair of bifocals. BIfocals! I am grateful for Benjamin Franklin, inventor of bifocals so now I can read and when I look up I can still see.

Last week the kids and I also finished reading FOUR DAYS IN PHILADELPHIA about the drafting, ratifying, and signing of the Declaration of Independence. I have a lot more than glasses on my list of things Mr. Franklin did that made my life better. His contributions as one of the founders of our nation, the library, bifocals, and even daylight savings time have real impact today and will continue to do so. Thank you, Mr. Franklin.

1 comments:

cjdustin said...

You should read John Adams. I haven't read it but it is on my list because I watched the movie. Adams was a huge contributor to the Constitution. Anyway.....maybe you've already read it!