Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Favorite Things

Recently a dear, dear, dear, dear friend came to help me with my house. We have decided we have very different sets of talents and decorating is much more hers than mine. She asked me what makes me happy. What do I love? I quickly replied that I was completely open to her taste and she could just purge things at will.

She helped me see that wasn't entirely accurate. In fact, my home is full of things that help me get through a day. Instead of changing everything, she helped me keep what I love and make the space more comfortable around them. Is this a fabulous friend or what!

For part of my month of gratitude I want to share some of my favorite things. (Another friend told me I don't have to write on 30 days. It's ok to think about things I'm grateful for each day and write when I can and change the date on my posts.:o))



Day 1 - I love my dad's painting. He painted this off a Christmas Card the week I was born. Every time I look at it I smile. Yes, I keep it up all year. It keeps me cooler in the summer. It reminds me to pursue my talents, love my family, and be tenacious in trying to improve myself each day. Funny how the picture by my dad makes me think of all things dad. It also makes Chile, where he's currently serving a mission, seem not nearly so far away. (As does the internet so we can video conference often. I see him more now than when he lived 30 miles away.)

0 comments: